How Does Paint Affect Property Values in Florida?
Does exterior paint affect property values? Yes, it does! The common belief that first impressions matter applies in the real estate world. You don’t need to be a professional painter to understand the value of a high-quality exterior paint job. After all, the exterior of your home is the first thing potential buyers see. If you plan to sell your home, the exterior paint color will influence how fast your house sells and the asking plus selling price.
Today, we’ll look at how paint affects property values, suitable color choices, and why you should hire professional painters to paint your house.
How Does Exterior Paint Affect Property Values?
Here are several ways exterior paint affects property values in Florida.
1. Increase Curb Appeal
An excellent way to increase your home’s curb appeal is to paint the exterior with quality paint. A potential buyer will form an opinion of the house even before going inside. A fresh coat of paint is an indication that you put in the effort to keep your home in pristine condition. It also provides relief to some homeowners knowing that they won’t need to begin a home improvement project right away.
2. Accentuate Architectural Features
Painting your home’s exterior adds personality and also brings out the architectural details of various structures, including:
- Trim boards
- Window trim
- Balustrade systems
- Exterior molding
3. Return on Investment (ROI)
The cost of an exterior paint job is a common concern for homeowners. Remember, painting is among the top home improvements affecting property values in Florida. According to the 2018 Zillow Paint Color Analysis, homeowners who painted their front door black received a boost on their selling price by about $6,000.
Does the Color Choice Affect Your Home’s Curb Appeal?
Neutral colors attract a wider audience more than a bold color scheme would. Even so, it’s worth noting that there’s no universal house color. Selecting the right exterior color must consider multiple factors. For instance, while black is a bold choice, it’s a perfect contrasting color for roofs. For this reason, it’s crucial to discuss with a real estate agent for insights into the current trends.
Other than the color scheme, here are other things to keep in mind when selecting your exterior paint colors.
- Your home’s architectural design and geographical area affect your color choice. For instance, Pepto pink would work in Florida properties. Lavender is perfect for Victorian gingerbread styles.
- Yellow is generally a bold color. However, this color combined with grey works excellently for houses in Florida.
- Red doors are popular among early American homes. However, it’s essential to check if it matches the other exterior details.
- Ensure your home exterior color aligns with the HOA covenants, conditions, and restrictions (CC&Rs).
- It would be wise to factor in the weather before selecting an exterior color. For instance, if you live in an area with a hot climate, it would make sense to go for inorganic pigments as they are more likely to weather the elements.
Advantages of Working with Professional Painters
Are you thinking of painting your home exterior yourself? While it’s possible, hiring professional painters to do it is safer. An expert knows how to operate painting tools and hazardous areas like the roof safely.
Other advantages of working with professionals include:
- Saving Time – An experienced painting company typically offers end-to-end services from inspection and cleaning to painting. These processes are time-consuming, especially if you lack the equipment to clean hard-to-reach areas like the siding. A professional painting team will handle every step giving you more time to attend to other tasks.
- ROI – First, professional painters will ensure your house gets on the market quicker. Secondly, you are guaranteed an excellent paint job which will not only influence the asking price but potentially increase the selling price!
- Get valuable insights – An experienced painting company understands the different architectural styles and appropriate color choices that positively impact the resale value.
- Professional painters use high-quality paint – The color of your home is not the only factor prospective buyers consider. Hiring experts guarantees that the paint job involves quality products from reputable brands.
- A painting company is insured – Professional painters are licensed to perform this job. They also have coverage, which means that it’s their job to repair any damages during the painting process.
Boost Your Home’s Value With a Superior Paint Job from Tampa Bay Painting Co.
It’s clear. The color of your home’s exterior impacts your home value. That’s not all—the quality of the paint job matters. So, if you are looking to put your house on the market, it would be best to work with Tampa Bay Painting Company. Our painting team provides quality interior and exterior painting services in St. Petersburg that will increase your home’s curb appeal. Contact us today to book a free consultation with our painting services in St. Pete.